With the advent of smart TVs, the world of apps has changed dramatically.
Not only can you watch movies, play games, and listen to music, but you can also download apps from the Google Play store, as well as from other app stores.
It’s a great way to experience the internet on the big screen. But, if you want to get the most out of your smart TV, you’ll need to learn how to download apps.
Today we’re going to show you the various methods on how to download apps on a Hisense smart TV.
How To Download Apps On A Hisense Smart TV
The first method of downloading apps to your Hisense TV is the most common and simple.
To do this, simply press the remote button on your TV to bring up the on-screen keyboard.
From there, you’ll want to type in the name of the app that you wish to install.
You’ll then need to navigate to App by using the D-pad.
To install the selected app, press the green button that is located on the TV remote.
Wait until the app is downloaded and installed, then you will be able to access it.
Other Ways To Download Apps On Your Hisense Smart TV
The common method shown above is not the only way to download apps on a Hisense smart TV.
There are a few other methods that you can use that have their own advantages.
VIDAA App Store
Searching for a particular app is a good way to get an app that you want, but what if you don’t know the name of the app or you just want to see what you can download?
Luckily, Hisense has its own app store called the VIDAA App Store.
To find and download apps from the VIDAA App Store, simply follow these steps:
- Locate the home button on your TV remote. When you find it, click it to return to the home screen of the TV.
- Go to the Apps Store on your TV.
- When you’re in the store, you may scroll through various categories to choose the apps you want to download.
- Click install once you’ve found the app you want to download. It will begin downloading right away.
- Allow up to 60 seconds for the download to complete. The software should be installed immediately after the download is complete and will be ready to use.
Just like the method above, you can also search for applications on the VEWD app store.
You’ll find that it’s very similar to the VIDAA app store, except some of the apps may be different.
To access the VEWD app store, just follow the same steps as the above method, only this time, select the VEWD store instead of VIDAA.
The Stan app is a paid content delivery service that offers a wide range of current videos and television episodes.
I recommend that you install this app to have access to a large number of movies and videos on your television.
Here are the installation steps:
- Click on the home button on your remote to go to the main home screen for the TV.
- Look for the Stan app icon and give it a click.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your account.
On the first run of the app, you should be able to get yourself a free 30-day trial to test the app out.
If you want to download applications from an outside source (and you have one of the Hisense tv models that run on Android), you can sideload apps on your Hisense TV.
You can download apps from other sources by using a USB drive, but you will need to use a PC or laptop to load the apps onto it first.
It is a bit more complicated than the methods shown above, however, you will have a much larger selection of apps to choose from.
Here are the steps to sideload apps:
- Firstly, you will need to go to the settings menu on your TV.
- Click on the ‘Personal’ tab and then go to ‘Security’.
- Enable the option to allow installations from ‘Unknown Sources’. This option allows you to install third-party apps.
- Open up the web browser on your computer or laptop.
- Find a trusted source for ‘. apk file’ downloads.
- Download the ‘apk file’ of the app you wish to install.
- Once downloaded, copy it onto a USB drive.
- Next, you will need to download an app on your TV, via the app store, called ‘Sideload Launcher’. If you can’t find it, you could also download the ‘File Manager’ app instead.
- Once that has been installed, insert the USB drive into your Hisense Smart TV.
- Launch whichever app you installed earlier and navigate to the USB drive folder.
- Click on the apk file and select install.
- Once it has finished installing, you can then enjoy your new app that should now show on your home screen.
Is Sideloading Apps Safe?
Yes, it is.
However, you should always be careful when installing applications on your TV.
For example, some applications can steal your personal information, such as your credit card number.
If you wish to download apps from an external source, you should always make sure that the apps are safe to download before installing.
If you’re unsure, you can always use the Google Play Store to find out whether or not the app is safe to download.
How To Install Google Apps On Hisense Smart TV:
If you don’t have the Google Play Store on your Hisense Smart TV, and your TV runs the Android operating system, you will need to sideload the Play Store. apk file onto your TV using the USB drive sideloading method above.
There Is No App Store On My Hisense Smart TV, What Can I Do?
If there is no app store available on your Hisense TV, then it is possible that you don’t have a ‘Smart TV’.
All Hisense Smart TVs come with some sort of app store already installed, so if yours doesn’t, then chances are your TV is a non-smart TV.
If this is the case and you want to be able to stream media from online services like Netflix, Hulu, and so on, then I suggest that you invest in a Roku Box or Amazon Fire TV Stick.
These different devices will both allow you to stream all the content that you would normally get from the app store on a ‘Smart TV’, on a standard TV.
VEWD App Store Not Working Hisense
As the VEWD app is the official app store that comes pre-loaded onto your TV, you will need to update the firmware on your TV to the latest version.
The firmware update is available to download from the TV’s settings menu.
Once you have updated the firmware, the app store should start working.
Here are the steps to update your TV’s firmware to the latest version:
- Go to the settings menu on your TV.
- Click on the ‘System’ tab and then go to ‘Software Update’.
- Click on the ‘Software Update’ tab and select ‘Update’.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update the firmware.
If the update process fails, you will need to do it again.
If you have any questions on How To Download Apps On A Hisense Smart TV, then please leave a comment below.
You can also leave a comment if you have any other questions about the Hisense Smart TVs or even any other smart devices.